Youth Opportunity Program
The Quileute Youth Opportunity Program (YOP) provides tribal youth between the ages of 14-18 with opportunities for meaningful and engaged work experience, skill development, and exposure to various workplace environments to prepare and cultivate youth for successful futures and careers. YOP operates as a seasonal summer employment program partnering with local businesses and tribal departments to offer youth work experience. Youth will have the opportunity to work at one of our partner organizations for a 6 week period.
At program completion, youth will have demonstrated their ability to:
- Complete a job application, including resume and cover letter
- Conduct a job interview
- Adhere to appropriate work place behavior and ethic
- Learn on the job skills
- Tribal youth
- Ages 14-18 ( as of June 2023)
- Complete Pre-Employment Training and Job Interview
- Youth will be required to attend the mandatory Pre-Employment Training June 28-29th, 2023. During training youth will complete the necessary components to submit a YOP Job Application.
- Pre-Employment Training Schedule:
- Wednesday June 28th 1:00PM-4:00PM @ the Quileute Tribal School Computer Lab- Program Expectations, Workplace Readiness, & Resumes
- Thursday June 29th 1:00PM-4:00PM @ the Quileute Tribal School Computer Lab- Job Applications, Cover Letters, & Mock interviews
- After Pre-Employment Training, youth will be scheduled for a job interview on Friday June 30th. Youth must complete Pre-Employment Training and interview process to be eligible for a YOP position.
- Pending committee review of job applications and interviews, youth will be notified if they have been hired for a YOP position
Please note: There are a limited number of positions available. Priority will be given to Quileute enrolled youth. Completion of Pre-Employment Training and job interview DOES NOT GUARANTEE youth will be hired for a YOP Position. However, completion is required as part of application process. Youth who complete Pre-Employment Training will receive a $100 gift card for completing even if they are not hired for a YOP position following their interview.
YOP 2023 Season
Job Interviews – June 30th
First Day of Work – July 6th
Last Day of Work – August 18th